Social Media Policy
Inverness Event & Visitor Bureau Social Media Policy
We encourage discussions on the City’s various social media sites and look forward to sharing news and timely updates with our growing audience. The City of Inverness will share information of a positive nature that promotes quality of life, tourism and economic development on a case-by-case basis. Content shared by the City on social media is not considered an endorsement of any products, services, individuals or businesses.
Our social media sites are a place for sharing and discussion, and we affirm this is a place for civil conversation. We will not tolerate profane or abusive language, or users that encourage. All content posted by all users to the City’s social media sites are digitally archived. Our process is to review comments continually, and those that are unrelated are generally hidden from public view.
By posting any comments, posts or other material on the City of Inverness social media sites you give the City of Inverness the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media.
Terms and Conditions
Inverness social media content and comments containing any of the following forms of content will not be allowed:
1) Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights;
2) Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by the City of Inverness in its sole discretion;
3) Posts consisting of chain letters or pyramid schemes;
4) Posts impersonating another person or business;
5) Post the same note more than once, also known as electronic spam;
6) Post material with profane language or content;
7) Posts that promote or depict weaponry.
8) Posts with sexual content or links to sexual content;
9) Solicitations of commerce;
10) Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
11) Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
12) Comments not typically related to the social media article;
13) All malicious activity to include orchestrated cyber incidents created under false pretenses.
The City of Inverness reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
1) Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions.
2) Terminate a user's access to the social media site upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
3) Edit or delete any communications posted on the social media sites, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
4) We reserve the right to block users and delete inappropriate comments. When commenting, please focus on the topic and refrain from slander and the use of profanity.
Finally, you agree that you will indemnify City of Inverness against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.